WHAT IS THE COST AND REQUIREMENTS?
The MECPTA’s Membership year runs from June to May. The cost is $25. New members are welcome anytime throughout the year and membership dues are prorated according to the month.
The only requirement is that members contribute a minimum of 12 volunteer hours for the year in order to sustain active status. 1 hour of community service, 1 hour towards Craft Fair and 1 hour of general fundraising must be done in these areas. Volunteer hours are very simple and easy to obtain.
Below are ways in which you can earn volunteer hours:
• Donating items (drinks, snacks, etc)- $3 item is equal to 1 hour
• Make Sunshine Meals for sick and expecting members- 5 hours
• Serve on a planning committee- 1 hour of volunteering is equal to 1 MECPTA hour
• Attend General Meetings- 1 hour per meeting
• Work an event or party- 1 hour of volunteering is equal to 1 MECPTA hour
The MECPTA keeps track of the volunteer hours to comply with the regulations of the Ohio PTA. The purpose of this program is to encourage member involvement, to recognize dedication of its members, and to maintain a non-profit status.